Since the early days of The Ivory Club creation, an endowment was established at the University of South Florida to support a Scholarship targeting a specific demographic. This Scholarship is a non-renewable award for undergraduate and graduate students with preference given to individuals who are international students from Africa.
These students can be first or second generation Africans living in the United States of America. In order to help as many qualified candidate as possible, no individual may receive the award more than once in two years.
The selection committee will choose recipients on the basis of the academic talent demonstrated by the applicant. The minimum academic criteria are as follows:
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale) or higher is required
- ACT minimum composite score of 21 or SAT minimum score of 1000
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) minimum scores of 500 verbal, 4.5 writing, and 550 quantitative
- GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test) minimum score of 650
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores earned within (2) years of the desired term of entry. A minimum score of 79 on the internet-based test, 213 on the computer-based test, or 550 on the paper-based test are required
- High school , transfer students, undergraduate and graduate students
- International students from Africa
Please note that once the minimum academic requirements are met, the selection committee will consider other academic and non-academic factors in reaching a final decision. Other considerations include service to schools and other non-profit institutions, leadership responsibilities, work experience and special contributions (e.g., the arts, community service, and volunteer work).
Complete application (original documents) must be received by January 15th
How to apply
To learn more, please visit the scholarship page at the University of South Florida. http://ibl.usf.edu/scholarships/ivory/